Thursday, March 8, 2007

bejeweled!


Alas, what with being in school and all I have very little time to knit. I finished my bejeweled scarf a few weeks ago, waited a couple weeks before blocking it, and now I've been wearing it all over town for a little while and just took the photos today.



Here are the specs:

Pattern: Bejeweled Scarf, by Lisa Shobhana Mason, as part of the informal Bejeweled Knit-Along

Yarn: 200 yards of 100% alpaca from Almost Paradise Farms in Oregon, from Beneta and Rose (presumably these are the little buggers this yarn was shorn from) As an aside, this is the most deliciously buttery yarn I have ever knit with! They really aren't kidding about alpaca being the poor man's cashmere. I love it. Also, there's no way (for me at least) to capture the depth and range of these colors in a photograph, either. This isn't just a gray scarf - you can distinguish individual bits of fiber ranging from black to white and every shade of gray in between.

Needles: Addi Naturas US8, I forget the length of the cord and it's not really relevant anyway.

Mods: I didn't make the scarf as wide as the pattern calls for since I only had 200 yards of yarn. (The pattern calls for 270.) I forget how many stitches I ended up increasing to... But I'm happy with the width, although every time I wear it this sucker gets longer and longer. I wrap it around my neck three times and tie it in a knot now, and it still hangs down to my belly. I may block it again. I may even shell out for blocking wires, because pinning this thing down was a complete son of a bitch.

Pictures taken with a Panasonic DMC-TZ1 (Becko's camera!)



And, because I am now one of THOSE PEOPLE, here is a crappy cell phone picture of Cato laying on the scarf:


1 comment:

Becki Sue said...

o.m.g. what a cute DOG!!! oh.. yeah the scarf is cute too...