Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thursday knitblogging: terrier edition

Okay, terrier/knitting post TAKE TWO! Take one involved blogger opening a new post that I couldn't type in. Thanks, blogger! Why do I bother anyway? If I had that elusive thing known to some as FREE TIME, I would make myself a better blog. But alas, I don't even have time for this blogging. I need a blog that does most everything for me.

Anyway, I would love to post a Rusted Root update, but to tell you all the truth, I haven't knit that much on it lately. I just got past the armpits (you start at the top and knit down) so I was able to try it on last night and it fits GREAT. If I wasn't totally procrastinating right now I'd try it on again and take a picture, but I'm the only one home and we all know those digital camera in front of the bathroom mirror shots are decidedly un-cute. And also, the length of the sweater is about mid-boob right now, and it looks really weird. Trust me. It'll be worth the wait. I whipped it out for Lost last night and did some work on it, but now that it's just straight knitting down the body it's not so exciting.

The good news is I've been cruising right through my second Jaywalker sock! I attempted to take pictures of those, but it was HARD because Cato really wanted to be all up on me at all times, and then I got trapped under him on the couch while trying to photograph my feet (not easy, let me tell you) and the batteries in my camera died.

And OH! I got a new camera! So expect more pictures, very very soon. I got the camera on my fantastic trip to Minnesota (Hi Jenny! Hi Baby Curry!) at fantastic Target. I love Target. And Minnesota is like the Promised Land of Targets. They're amazing. You can get things you can't get at other Targets, I swear to God. In this case, I got a display model clearance digital camera, which came out to about half of its original price. Sure, it came in a manila envelope instead of a box, but this thing ROCKS. Perhaps soon I will be able to take pictures that don't suck! But I'm guessing as long as I remain semi-blind (thanks, repeated eye infections and shitty glasses) and the dog remains not-semi-clingy that crappy photo situation will continue. At least they'll be better in focus now, though!

(Oh - a note about previous photos. Whenever I had photos that didn't suck before, that's because I was using Becki's camera. Her camera is fantastic.)

And without further ado, my (uh, or Ali's, rather) Jaywalker socks:

I wish there weren't little "peaks" where I've started the zig zag pattern on the toe. Perhaps They'll come out in the wash?

Avec terrier, and a slightly more accurate representation of the colors:

And, for everyone's amusement, here's a picture of what I typically find in the living room each morning:
"HI. I'M CATO. HI. I'M ALL RILED UP. HI. WANNA PLAY? WANNA CUDDLE? I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes, he IS possessed. And yes, that IS one of my bras hanging in the background. Oh well.

2 comments:

Marigold said...

I tried and I tried, and I still can't spot your bra. Is this like a "Where's Waldo" picture? :) Cute puppy!

lauren said...

Marigold -

You know, maybe I gave myself away with my guilty conscience about leaving bras in the living room??? I think I see a strap of it there on the right hand side of that drying rack, but I distinctly remember there being a whole row of bras visible in the picture. Guess I managed to crop them out!